FOCUS HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE USA BELIEVES YOUR SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT AND WANTS TO ENSURE YOU ARE PREPARED FOR NATURAL DISASTERS AND OTHER EMERGENCIES. THESE EVENTS CAN STRIKE SUDDENLY, AT ANYTIME AND ANYWHERE
Preparing for Disasters
Prepare for any disaster by taking the following steps:
- Make a plan for communications and evacuation.
- Sit with your family and complete a Family Emergency Plan.
- Buy or build a disaster kit
- Utilize smartphone apps to stay informed of local weather conditions.
Visit the links on the right to learn how to prepare for disasters common in your area.
Recovering from Disasters
Recovering from a disaster is usually a gradual process. Safety is a primary issue, as are mental and physical well-being. If assistance is available, knowing how to access it makes the process faster and less stressful. This section offers some general advice on steps to take after disaster strikes in order to begin getting your home, your community and your life back to normal.
• Health and Safety Guidelines
• Returning Home
• Seeking Disaster Assistance
• Coping with Disaster
• Helping Others