Be Informed – FEMA
- Download the FEMA app. Get weather alerts from the National Weather Service for up to five different locations anywhere in the United States.
- Sign up for FEMA text messages to get updates from FEMA (standard message and data rates apply).
Here are basic steps to get started:
- To sign up to get preparedness tips: text PREPARE to 43362.
- To search for open shelters (for disaster survivors): text SHELTER and a ZIP code to 43362.
- To get a list of all keywords you can subscribe to: text LIST to 43362.
- To unsubscribe (at any time): text STOP to 43362.
- Before a disaster, follow local government on social media to stay up-to-date with official information before, during and after a disaster. Sign up for Twitter alerts from trusted government agencies to get notified when critical information goes out.
Be Informed – American Red Cross
- Go to the Red Cross Mobile Apps and Voice-Enabled Skills/Actions
- Download for free at the Apple and Google stores
For quick Red Cross apps:
- Emergency App: “GETEMERGENCY” to 90999
- Hurricane App: “GETCANE” to 90999
- Tornado App: “GETNADO” to 90999
- Earthquake App: “GETQUAKE” to 90999