Sit with your family members/household members to discuss how to prepare and respond to the various types of emergencies that are most likely to happen where you live, work, and go to school.
- Consider specific needs in your household (e.g., seniors, babies, special needs, pets, etc.).
- Know your evacuation routes.
- Document your property and ensure you have appropriate insurance for relevant hazards. Document and insure property.
- Completely fill out and test your Family Emergency Plan regularly
- Place the Family Emergency Plan in an easily accessible area for everyone to see and ensure everyone as a copy (e.g., a picture of the Plan in their phones or ample hard copies in bookbags, purses, in the car, etc.).
Plan & Prepare